The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use. Linux Mint is the most popular desktop Linux distribution and the 3rd most widely used home operating system behind Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS. Some of the reasons for the success of Linux Mint are: It works out of the box, with full multimedia support and is extremely easy to use. It's both free of cost and open source. It's community-driven. Users are encouraged to send feedback to the project so that their ideas can be used to improve Linux Mint. Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages and one of the best software managers. It's safe and reliable. Thanks to a conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update Manager and the robustness of its Linux architecture, Linux Mint requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware...etc).
64-bitalso known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 and Intel 64. Is the 64-bit version of the x86 instruction set. It supports vastly larger amounts of virtual memory and physical memory than is possible on its 32-bit predecessors.32-bitOlder, but common architecture. Also known as i386 and x86.
CinnamonCinnamon is a desktop environment that is based on the GTK+ 3 toolkit. Cinnamon originally started as a fork of GNOME Shell, thus initially as a mere graphical shell of the GNOME software, but became its own desktop environment in Cinnamon 2.0. Cinnamon was developed by (and for) the Linux Mint distribution, with wider adoption spreading to other distributions over time.MATEMATE is a desktop environment forked from the now-unmaintained code base of GNOME 2. The name was originally all capital letters to follow the nomenclature of other Free Software desktop environments like KDE and LXDE. The recursive backronym "MATE Advanced Traditional Environment" was subsequently adopted by most of the MATE community, again in the spirit of Free Software like GNU. The use of a new name, instead of GNOME, avoids conflicts with GNOME 3 components.XfceXfce is a free and open-source desktop environment for Unix and Unix-like operating systems, such as Linux, Solaris, and BSD. Xfce aims to be fast and lightweight, while still being visually appealing and easy to use. It consists of separately packaged parts that together provide all functions of the desktop environment, but can be selected in subsets to suit user needs and preference.KDEKDE Plasma 5 is the fifth and current generation of the desktop environment created by KDE primarily for Linux systems. KDE Plasma 5 is the successor of KDE Plasma 4 and was initially released on 15 July 2014. It includes a new default theme, known as "Breeze", as well as increased convergence across different devices. The graphical interface was fully migrated to QML, which uses OpenGL for hardware acceleration resulting in better performance and reduced power consumption.
DEBdeb is the format, as well as extension of the software package format for the Linux distribution Debian and its derivatives.
Half year 162
- Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" - Xfce (64-bit)linuxmint-18.3-xfce-64bit.iso
- 1.71 GB
- Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" - MATE (64-bit)linuxmint-18.3-mate-64bit.iso
- 1.79 GB
- Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" - KDE (64-bit)linuxmint-18.3-kde-64bit.iso
- 2.03 GB
- Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" - Cinnamon (64-bit)linuxmint-18.3-cinnamon-64bit.iso
- 1.77 GB
- Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - MATE (64-bit)linuxmint-18-mate-64bit.iso
- 1.66 GB
- Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - MATE (32-bit)linuxmint-18-mate-32bit.iso
- 1.54 GB
- Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - KDE (64-bit)linuxmint-18-kde-64bit.iso
- 1.82 GB
- Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - KDE (32-bit)linuxmint-18-kde-32bit.iso
- 1.7 GB
- Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - Cinnamon (64-bit)linuxmint-18-cinnamon-64bit.iso
- 1.58 GB
- Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" - Cinnamon (32-bit)linuxmint-18-cinnamon-32bit.iso
- 1.46 GB
- Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" - Cinnamon (64-bit)linuxmint-17.3-cinnamon-64bit.iso
- 1.47 GB
- Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" - Xfce (64-bit)linuxmint-17.3-xfce-64bit.iso
- 1.45 GB
- Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" - MATE (64-bit)linuxmint-17.3-mate-64bit.iso
- 1.56 GB
- Release Date